The leadership team have been working hard to enable us to reopen for worship from Sunday 2nd May 2021 at 10:45am. We will follow government and Methodist guidelines to ensure that it is safe for us all. At the time of writing, this means that we will be observing 2 metre social distancing and asking you to wear a face covering (unless you are exempt).
Numbers will be limited: because of 2m social distancing and the need to test and trace we have room for 17-20 people so, to ensure that space is available for you when you arrive, you will need to book a space each week. Please phone or email Jane Neild (01933 678357 or email@example.com) before 10am on Friday morning. If you need to leave a message, you will need to say how many are coming from your household and leave a contact phone number (mobile if possible). If spaces are filled before your message is received, we will contact you to let you know that all spaces have been taken. Please be aware that in the case of someone testing positive your contact details will be passed to NHS for track and trace purposes.
If you are feeling unwell, do not come to church.
If you develop symptoms and test positive for COVID-19 after attending a worship service, please let Jane Neild know. (01933 678357 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
What to expect when you arrive:
COVID-19 Control Measures
- Please arrive from 10:30am and, if at all possible, park in the rear car park.
- On leaving your car, please use the pedestrian access to the left of the Church and past the Vestry and maintain social distancing if you need to queue.
- If you are arriving on foot, please queue to the left of the main doors at the front of the church and wait to be admitted.
- There will be no access through the rear fire exit doors.
- A one-way system will be in operation throughout the building.
- You will be given a warm welcome, your presence recorded, and you will be asked to sanitise your hands before being directed to your seat number. Please remain in this seat before and during the service.
- Current guidance is that windows and doors must be kept open to provide good airflow whilst in the building.
- Please remember that you need to wear a face covering once inside the building.
- Toilets will be available for use, but we would ask you use your facilities at home before you leave to reduce the footfall and contact points in the corridor.
- The only toilet that will be open is the accessible toilet. There is a one-way system in the corridor and access will be regulated. Touch points will be cleaned by a steward after each use.
- At the end of the service, please remain seated until directed by a steward on duty: you will be asked to leave by the rear doors leading to the car park. Hand Sanitiser will be available by the rear exit if you wish to use it. If you have used a paper service sheet please take this home with you to dispose of.
- To avoid congestion in the car park, please leave the premises as quickly as you are able.
- If mobility is an issue for you, please remain seated and you will be assisted by a steward.
- We are very grateful that we have such a committed and faithful team of preachers who bring their own gifts and graces to our worship services. These will be in line with Methodist guidance and currently this means that there will be no singing.
- We appreciate that the services we offer on reopening will differ greatly from what we were used to and will be shorter in length.
- We are currently unable to provide refreshments and a time to socialise after the service.
- We are not allowed to pass around a collection plate so, please put your offering in an envelope and leave it on your seat as you leave or in the offering plate on the table by the rear exit doors.
- Please do not congregate for a chat in the worship area or the car park.